Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I just had to share

I'm busy - I forgot that the proofs had to be in to my editor - so please talk amongst yourselves while I deal with them . . .

But to fill I space, I just have to share two wonderful reviews that have been written about Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride - they've made my day - my week!


This one is from Alyson at We Write Romance:
If I could give this book a 10, I definitely would! What a fabulous read!
Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is wonderful, passionate and full of
seduction to the greatest degree! And I expected no less from a Kate Walker
book!

Kate has a way of making you fall in love with even the most stubborn,
strong willed men, and Guido Corsentino is no exception. He’s Sicilian, he’s
sexy as sin, and he’s got this way about him that makes you want to see him get
his bride...and keep her!

Though I didn't enjoy the heroine, Amber, quite as much as I did Guido,
she's still sweet and easy to relate to in so far as her confusion over their
marriage and why she'd think the marriage wasn't real/legal. Overall, she's one
lucky gal in my opinion!

And while I enjoyed just about every part of this book, I especially
loved the way Guido convinces Amber they’re meant to be together. The way he
works his way around to letting her know he loves her is sweet and endearing. He
might have started out to ruin her ‘bigamist’ wedding for revenge, but the truth
can be seen in his actions...he went after the wife he loved!


What I love most about this review apart is the fact that Alyson has read my hero exactly as I created him and wanted my readers to see him. It really is the best feeling for an author when you know that a book has worked for a reader in just the way you wanted it to.


And this one is from Julie at CataRomance:

International best-selling author Kate Walker keeps raising the bar with her
wonderfully passionate romantic novels and her latest Mills and Boon Modern
Romance, Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride, is another
emotional rollercoaster ride which will keep you reading all night long!

All her life, Amber Wellesley has tried – but failed – to please her social climbing mother and after a lifetime of feeling unloved and unappreciated by her, Amber finally thinks that she’d done something right in her mother’s eyes – she’s marrying a rich English aristocrat. However, fate has other plans for Amber for just as Amber is about to say ‘I do’, Italian billionaire Guido Corsentino interrupts the ceremony and announces to the entire congregation that Amber is already married – to him! . .
.

Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is a spellbinding romantic novel which you will not be able to put down! Kate Walker’s storytelling powers entrance you from the very first page and you’ll be so captivated by her story that you’ll just keep on turning the pages until you reach the heartwarming conclusion.

Mills and Boon Modern Romances do not get any better than this! Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is a book that has everything you could possibly want in a romance novel – a gorgeous Alpha male, a strong heroine, poignant romance and dramatic moments which will bring a tear to your eye.

Julie has just started her own blog - about the books she reads and her thoughts on them. And believe me, Julie reads a lot. So I'm going to be interested in what she has to say.

Right - back to the proofs - but just looking at those reviews has put a smile on my face.

Thank you Julie and Alyson!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reviews Kate. Looking forward to reading it.

Chris.

Kate Walker said...

Hi Chris - I hope you enjoy it - you'll be able to pick it up in March

And Lidia - I know you now have a copy so I hope you enjoy the book too - and Vito's story as well

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts