Thursday, August 01, 2013

40 for 40 - Tawny Weber


It has been wonderful to see so many friends, old and new, come and visit on this blog to join in the 40 for 40 celebrations. Some of these friends I have known for a long time.Others have just recently come into my  life.

Tawny Weber is one of the new ones. And, sadly, I have not yet met her in person. But like so many other members of the writing community, she reached out to me when I was going through  a difficult   phase  when I was dealing with those accusations that were totally untrue.  Tawny offered understanding and later she offered me a spot on her blog to talk about A Throne for The Taking.  So  I'm delighted to be able to return the favour and welcome Tawny here today.

Welcome, Tawny!


Tawny Weber Optional Author Pix (5)

I am so honored to be a part of celebrating Kate and her Babe Magnet's wonderful milestone! Not only do I adore weddings, and all of the pomp and personality they share, but even more I love the hoped-for result... A lifetime together of love, of melding and accenting the personalities and lives of the people involved. And, of course, in the idea of spending every day working on Happy Ever After. This is why I read romance, this is definitely why I write romance. And this is why I love the idea of celebrating real-life romance such as Kate's.

And, of course, of revisiting and reveling in the memories of my own road to romance. It's one of those third-times-the-charm relationships, since it took three times before my husband and I actually got together. The first time we met was in high school. We didn't run in the same circles or even have the same classes, but we knew who each other was. And he did unlock my car once when I'd locked the keys inside. That, and a random photo in the yearbook, are as close as we got, though. The second time was a few years later when my youngest brother decided he wanted to fix me up with his best friend's older brother. I briefly considered it, because the guy was really cute!

  But in the end I said no for two reasons. One, he was what we who love romances like to call a bad boy. And two, I was in my 'all men are pigs' phase of an ugly breakup. A couple of years later I ran into the cute guy at the bank, recognized him as my youngest brother's best friend's older brother (yes, I did refer to him that way) and immediately found my brother to check on the bad boy status (recovered) and to say "I want!" A phone call and a date later, and we became inseparable. We were engaged 4 months after our first date and married 5 months after that.


I like to think that's what true love does. It brings together two people who are meant to be, and gives them a chance to make it happen (o in my case, three chances). Of course, that could just be the romantic in me that believes that Happy Ever After is what it's all about.


wdg 2Which really does make it pretty fab to be here, celebrating 40 years of Happy Ever After!


And what's a celebration without goodies? I'd like to offer one lucky commenter a set of autographed copies of my SEAL books, A SEAL's Seduction and A SEAL's Surrender.

 All you have to do is let me know if you believe that Happy Ever After is what it's all about.


Just in case you wanted to check out the books, here's a peek at the covers and blurbs...
Subject: Navy SEAL Lieutenant Blake Landon
Current Status: Two weeks of enforced leave
Mission: Distract himself in any way possible
Obstacle: A woman who tempts him to break the rules…including his own!
Navy SEAL Blake Landon (a.k.a. “Boy Scout”) knows the rule book inside and out. Checked. Rechecked. But when a mission ends badly, his entire team is ordered on leave. And that’s when Blake sees the tall redhead whose dark eyes suggest that the rules— especially those in bed—are made to be broken.
A SEAL's Seduction coverScientist Alexia Lane has sex on the brain—partly for work, but mostly because she needs a man who makes her girly parts do the happy dance. Her only no-no? No military dudes. But Blake’s rockin’ bod promises delicious pleasures, and Alexia is halfway to sexual Nirvana before she can find out he’s actually a Navy SEAL.
And where one rule is broken, more are sure to follow….



Subject: Lieutenant Commander? Cade Sullivan?
Status: On leave?
Mission: He’s home to take care of some family business.
Obstacle: Eden Gillespie. The girl who always lands in trouble…has landed in his bed!
Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan is the job. His commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute—almost. Worse still, he’s been summoned home, where his family is the town royalty and women vie to be one of Cade’s conquests. One of them in particular….
A SEAL's Surrender
Ever since they were kids, Cade has been rescuing Eden Gillespie. Now she’s decided she owes him one heck of a thank-you—one that involves a bed, naked bodies and sweet satisfaction. But when their sexy trysts are discovered, Eden becomes a bit of a town sensation—and not in a good way. Can she convince her SEAL to risk one last rescue operation?


You can find out more about me, and my books, here.


And to the lovely couple, Cheers!

10 comments:

Anna Sugden said...

Aww - what a sweet story about you and your wonderful hubby, Tawny. I'm glad that you finally realised he was a keeper :)

As one who had to go through the whole frog-kissing thing before ending up with my own lovely hubby, I'm a great believer in Happily Ever After. I always wanted to believe, but he showed me that it was possible outside the romance novels too! :)

Eli Yanti said...

Hi Tawny :)

Yes, I do believe Happy Ever After is all about.

I love navy's story :)

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

Third time is THE Charm!! I've enjoyed your Seal's Seduction this summer!! Thanks!

Tawny said...

Anna, thank you :-D He is a keeper, but timing definitely played it's part in our story. And LOL on the frog-kissing adventures. They are interesting, aren't they. And they help so much in our appreciation of a wonderful Happy Ever After.

Tawny said...

Hi Eli :-D

YES!!! Happy Ever AFter is what it's all about :-D And yay that you are into Navy stories. I do love writing about SEALs!

Tawny said...

Hi GirlyGirl :-D

I'm a fan of third time, for sure!

and Thank YOU!!! I'm so excited that you've read A SEAL's Seduction and that you enjoyed it.

bn100 said...

Yes, I think so

Colleen C. said...

I love HEAs... and I think everyone can find it... I just have not found mine yet but am still hopeful!

Mary Preston said...

I think that if you can achieve a HEA in real life then you are truly blessed.

I love your books!!!

Laney4 said...

I thought it was all about the Hokey Pokey, LOL!
Seriously, though - reading romances is ALL about the HEAs for me. I prefer romances above all other genres just so I can have sweet dreams, and HEAs guarantee those!
After all, there can never be too much joy (or romance) in the world. It's like how they say that if you smile, you are more inclined to be happy. Well, if you believe in HEAs, you are more inclined to have them in your own life too. After 32 years of marriage, I can attest to them occurring in "real life". Mind you, it isn't ALWAYS like that, but the majority of the time it is. I am blessed....

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts