Friday, July 21, 2006

On the road again


Today I'm setting out on the trip to Wales where as I've said I'm teaching at Caerleon Writers' Holidays. I may be able to have an internet connection while I'm there and if so I'll try to post about what's happening - but usually I'm having so much fun and talking to so many people that the time just flies by.

So in case I don't manage to get back before I'm home on the 28th, here are some things to keep you occupied:

Romance Junkies Summer Newsletter Contest is up with dozens of authors involved and loads of amazing prizes to be won. So why not take a look and see what you can win.
My prize for this contest is a Molton Brown Mini Travel Kit - The kit contains, socks, eye mask, toothbrush, ear plugs, toothpaste, lip balm, freshmint mouthwash and coco de mer hand lotion.Of course I also can't travel anywhere without a book to read - so I'll include a signed copy of one of mine and I'll put the prizes in one of my black and silver bookbags - as I always take one of these with me as they fold up small enough to go in a purse and are available to carry home souvenirs. My contest is on Postcard 3 - Hint - Click on the green space just under the word Fran on the postcard.


Secondly, the RWA conference will be being held in Atlanta July 26-29. I'm obviously not going to be there. But I am going to be dropping into Lucy Monroe's blog where she is hosting a "virtual conference" party. I'll also be giving away copies of the Alcolar Family trilogy there as well as my latest USA AUgust release The Antonakos Marriage - and for any would be writers out there a signed copy of the 12 Point Guide To Writing Romance. So do drop by -- and send everyone you know who is missing Atlanta this year. I'll be arriving late as I'll not be home from Wales till Friday 28th, but if I get a chance then I'll be there before then - if I can get on the internet!


And just to make you all wish you were coming with me, I've included a couple of photos of where I'll be for the next few days. And the food is wonderful too!

Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, Kate. Looks a GORGEOUS place. I wish you students who ask lots of interesting questions :o)

See you when you get back!

Kate Walker said...

Kate - it is a gorgeous place! And tight now the weather is wonderful here as well. I haven';t started teaching yet so i don't know about my students - but I'm sure I'll have fun

See you soon

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts