Thursday, July 05, 2007

Great Big Blog Party 31 - Dee Tenorio

Hi again from the RNA Conference in Leicester. Things have been pretty hectic and I've done a lot of talking and eating and reading and a drinking a little wine and some more talking . . .


It's been tricky to find time to write a blog or anything. So now I'm dashing in to introduce you to my Guest Blogger today to give you something to read until I get back to my blog on Monday.

Today's blogger is Dee Tenorio - who is another of the lovely and hardworking hosties on the eHarlequin web site. Dee helped so much when I first ventured on to the boards - so much so that she earned the name of Kate's Slave for all the help she gave me. Then, like Heather Rae Scott, I met Dee in person at RWA Denver where one of the highspots of the event was the way that Dee crowned me Queen Bee at the eHarlequin pajama party.

We met again in New York and since then she's been pretty busy - she's become the mother of beautiful twin girls, as well as her handsome son Gio - and - as I always expected she would - she's been published - several times. I can't wait to get my hands on print copies of her books as I saw them in their first incarnations and I knew they had such potential then. I'm just so glad that a publisher saw the same qualities in them that I did.

So here's Dee Tenorio.

50 Reasons I Love Kate Walker:

I met Kate Walker during a particularly difficult time in my life. I was a young mother, living with my in laws while hubby and I got on our financial feet, and as you can imagine, the writing wasn't going so well. I admit, I had moments of potential...but for the most part, I was writing some really awful stuff. I hadn't yet found my voice, I definitely had no sense of plot, no understanding of craft whatsoever and, of course, no idea that I was in the presence of greatness.I was, without question, really, really dumb.

But Kate liked me anyway.She started teaching me how things work, And how to improve. And how, if I applied myself, I could make my publishing dreams a reality. And she's been setting an example for me ever since.

Which is one very special reason that I love Kate Walker. But there's more.

49 more to be exact.You probably think I'm exaggerating, but believe it or not, I really do have 50 reasons to love Kate. I can even enumerate them.

I should start with 5 reasons--one for each year that Kate has been my friend and mentor.

Then I'd have to add 12 reasons--one for each point in her 12 Point Program, which she used to crack open my head and teach me that not only did I not know it all...I had soooo much more to learn.

5 more reasons are the five books I've sold as a result of Kate's gentle lessons and never ending cheerleading.

1 reason is that she made New York an unforgettable experience. I'd always wanted to go there and when I did, she gave me tips that proved invaluable to not looking like a complete and total hick. .

15 reasons are the various hugs she gives, from the one that makes you see stars, to the ones that make you cry. The one where you both bounce because you're laughing or the one where she lopes an arm around your shoulders and makes sure you know you belong. If there is a mood, Kate has a hug for it.

7 reasons are every day of the week, because whenever I have sent a message her way, she has never been unavailable if I've needed her. She's a 24/7 kind of friend, which I can say is true even in the middle of the night, when she talked me through a crippling nightmare and my equally stupid fear of the dark for an hour.

2 are for the frequency of times she generally has to send me a birthday present each year, which she always does, because I have a Kate Walker Stalker, who steals my packages from her--while politely leaving me the cards so I know how much she cares.

1 is for her lovely husband, whom she chose because he's kind and good to her and in turn, good to everyone who is good to Kate. I just love that he's willing to share you with all of us.

And my last reason for loving Kate? It's the most important one of all. Because Kate loves me too. The best part about this reason is that everyone who knows Kate, who has the privilege of being her friend, gets to have that reason too. :)

So, I get to offer my congrats on this, your 50th book, and I can only hope for 50 more. :)

Giant hugs!
Dee


Giveaway Prize: Signed Copy of "Betting Hearts"

Giveaway Question: What is the funniest joke you've ever heard? Post it in the comments, best joke wins the romantic comedy!

16 comments:

Linda H said...

Hello Dee,

Your books sound good :-) I have a few jokes that are my favorites. I hope it's ok to post a few :-)

One day a man and his wife needed to type in a password so that they could login on. So the husband tries to be funny so he types in “penis”. His wife literally falls on the ground laughing when the computer replies “PASSWORD REJECTED NOT LONG ENOUGH”
__________________________________
Chip asks: "Daddy, how was I born?"

Dad says:
"Ah, my son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway! Well, you see your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on MSN. I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, but it was too late to hit the delete button. Nine months later a blessed little pop-up appeared and said:‘You've Got Male!’”

Hugssss
LindaH

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Precious Dee!!! It's great seeing your beautiful face!!! Congrats on your writing success!!!

There are some good jokes here. I'll have to stop back and read some more.

Hugs, JJ aka Blue

Caffey said...

Congrats on the 50th book! And all your success. Its such a joy to read and wouldn't know what i'd do without these reads!

Here's my joke for you and Dee!

This is my favorite one "Who's The Boss?"

A young couple on their wedding night were in their honeymoon suite.

As they were undressing for bed, the husband, a big burly man, tossed his trousers to his new bride. He said, "Here, put these on."

She put them on and the waist was twice the size of her body.

"I can't wear your trousers." she said.

"That's right,'' said the husband, "and don't you ever forget it. I'm the man who wears the pants in this family."

With that she flipped him her panties and said, "Try these on."

He tried them on and found he could only get them on as far as his kneecaps.

"Hell," he said. ''I can't get into your panties!"

She replied, "That's right...and that's the way it is going to stay until your attitude changes."

Unknown said...

Love the Chip joke. Here one on Grandma.
Little Tony was staying with his grandmother for a few days. He'd
been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into
the
house and asked her, "Grandma, what's that called when two people
sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?"

She was a little taken aback, but she decided to tell him the
truth. "It's called sexual intercourse, darling."

Little Tony said, "Oh, OK," and went back outside to play with the
other kids.

A few minutes later he came back in and said angrily, "Grandma, it
isn't called sexual intercourse. It's called Bunk Beds. And Jimmy's
mom wants to talk to you."

Liz Fielding said...

Hi Dee! How lovely to see you here. Good luck with the book. Fabulous jokes -- I can't add one since I can never remember them, but I'm having a great time reading these.

Dee Tenorio said...

OMG, I seriously need to hang out with you guys more often!

Blue!--Hey doll, great to see you over here too!

I didn't realize this was up on Thursday, but sending hugs to Kate in her rainy season and I'll be sending her a winner shortly!

Giant hugs!
Dee

Christa said...

ROSES & HANGING BASKETS
A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with
this see-through blouse on and no bra.
Her grandmother just pitched a fit,
Telling her not to dare go out like that!
The teenager tells her "Loosen up Grams. These are modern times.
You gotta let your rose buds show!
And out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on.
The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.....
The grandmother says, "Loosen up, Sweetie.
If you can show off your rose buds,
Then I can display my hanging baskets.

Happy Gardening!
(This is too funny not to share!)

Ah the things I have to look forward to.

Christa said...

Dee- love hearing from you over at eharlquin.

Kate- Recently read At the Sheikh's command. Loved it.

I got two. Couldn't decide on one

While I was watching football this weekend, my wife and I got into a conversation about life and death, and the need for living wills.
During the course of the conversation I told her that I never wanted to exist in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and taking fluids from a bottle.
She got up, unplugged the TV, and threw out all my beer.
.....Sometimes it's tough being married to a smarta$$.

ChristyJan said...

Hi Dee


Sid and Irv are business partners. They make a deal that whichever one dies first will contact the living one from the afterlife. So Irv dies. Sid doesn't hear from him for about a year, figures there is no afterlife. Then one day he gets a call. It's Irv. "So there is an afterlife! What's it like?" Sid asks. 'Well, I sleep very late. I get up, have a big breakfast. Then I have sex, lots of sex. Then I go back sleep, but I get up for lunch, have a big lunch. Have some more sex. Take a nap. Huge dinner. More sex. Go to sleep, and wake up the next day." "Oh, my god," says Sid "So that's what heaven is like?" "Oh no," says Irv. "I'm not in heaven. I'm a bear in Yellowstone Park."


I just returned from a week long vacation in Yellowstone and I heard this joke while I was there.

ChristyJan said...

Here's another one


A fiftyish woman was at home happily jumping on her bed and squealing with delight.

Her husband watches her for a while and asks, "Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look? What's the matter with you?"
The woman continues to bounce on the bed and says, "I don't care. I just came from having a mammography and the doctor says I have the breasts ofan 18 year-old."
The husband said, "What did he say about your 55 year-old ass?"
"Your name never came up," she replied

Unknown said...

A Few Good Lawyers

A lawyer is standing in a long line at the box office. Suddenly, he feels a pair of hands kneading his shoulders, back, and neck. The lawyer turns around.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"
"I'm a chiropractor, and I'm just keeping in practice while I'm waiting in line."
"Well, I'm a lawyer, but you don't see me screwing the guy in front of me, do you?"

Dee Tenorio said...

Oh geez, I'm disturbing the babies, I'm laughing so hard. I cannot wait to show these to my Mom!

Sue A. said...

I couldn't remember any jokes so I searched the internet for one. This was the first one I found that made me laugh out loud.

* * * *
A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, I have this problem with gas, but it really doesn't bother me too much. They never smell and are always silent. As a matter of fact, I've passed gas at least 20 times since I've been here in your office. You didn't know I was passing gas because they don't smell and are silent.

The doctor says, "I see, take these pills and come back to see me next week."

The next week the lady goes back. "Doctor," she says, "I don't know what medicine you gave me, but now my gas.....although still silent... smells terrible."

The doctor says, "Good!!! Now that we've cleared up your sinuses, let's work on your hearing."

PatriciaW said...

Hi Dee! Enjoyed your 50 reasons (and those of all the other bloggers). You've been an inspiration in your own right to those of us who frequent (or should I say, "occasionally show up on"?) the eHarlequin boards and hope to one day be in your (and Kate's) shows.

Happy 50, Kate!

Anna Louise Lucia said...

Fab post, Dee. You're so right about Kate.

Dee Tenorio said...

Awww, Patricia! Thanks so much!

The babies went from mildly disturbed to downright unhappy! They are sorta kinda settled in now, and so...time to unveil the winner!

Christijan's "55 Year Old Ass" wins! (Sorry, it's worth an author copy just to be able to say that! LOL!)

Giant hugs and thanks for the laughs!
And of course, giant thanks to Kate. Congratulations, hon!!
Dee

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts